Monday, July 19, 2010

Old Republic Shock Trooper


I got this guy in December back when the local Toys'R'Us was actually well stocked. It isn't anymore. But anyways... Like I said, I like the Empire. No, scratch that, I LOVE the Empire. They are so much more interesting. They were out of Stormtrooper and other Imperial canon fodder, so I went fo something close: Phase III Clone Troopers. The Shock Trooper is basically a white and red clone trooper (his function is different). He is close to the Stormies, but not quite there. The paint on this guy is egh. There is some bleeding on the shoulder pads and they are also not completly painted. The white is good cause it's made of white plastic. The grey on his helmet isn't straight and that drives me nuts. I think that the armor is actually to0 clean. He's kind of a shiney if you know the term. The articulation is a little limited because of the armor. He's got the usual eight points: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest area, hips, knees, and ankles. The arms can only be raiesd to level with is collarbone because of the shoulder plates and the legs can't really go back very far. The legs also can't go forward much because of the groin plate. Another issue is...HE CAN'T SALUTE! Come on Hasbro! He's in the ARMY! Saluting is kinda necessary! The antenae that sticks out of his back is nice. I wish it wasn't removable cause I lost it ages ago. (Sorry mom) He came with the usual weapons locker. The weapons were all fine, though I think they might be a tad out of scale. Some seem way too big. This isn't the figures fault though, they're genaric weapons. I think the Shock Trooper is a cool character though the figure needs a new paint job.

Paint: 3/5

Articulation: 3/5

Accesories ( not couting genaric weapons): 4.5/5

Overall: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment