Sunday, July 18, 2010

Imperial Scanning Officer


For my first review, I'll start with my first Star Wars action figure: the Imperial Scanning Officer. I'll be frank: I like him. He's well paineted, has good articulation, and is accurate. The Officer has eight points of articulation: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, hips, knees, and ankles. I do wish that the arms allowed me to position him into a salute and the legs into an at ease position. There's no bleeding, the eyes are good, and the small details of his uniform ar very nice. The Imperial emblam is flawless and the pens in the pocket on his left bicep are a nice detail as is the control panel (thing) on his left forearm. I really like the sideburns as they are in the style of the movie. His belt also has a built in holster that actually works! (A miracle) The wrinkles on the uniform are nice and realistic. My only complaints are that his boots are WAY to big! Compared to the other figures they are gigantic. Also if you point the feet all the way down, the joint isn't painted, though this can be remidied with paint or a sharpie. His ears are a little sloppy and his hat has a small silver dot on the left side. I'm not sure whether this is intentional or a mistake.

His accesories (a rifle and scanning equiptment) are okay. The rifle is basically a grey E-11 Stormtrooper rifle. Nothing to inovative. The scanning equiptment however...blah. It looks nothing like the equiptment in the movie. It has wheels, though! As boxes in a storeroom, they're cool. As Imperial grade scanners, they're crap. (Excuse my French)

So...

Paint: 5/5

Articulation: 4/5

Accesories:2.8/5

Overall: 3.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment